At up to 25' wide, the FlexShade® ZIP XL utilizes an improved Zip 127 headbox with an integrated cradle support system to allow wider widths and minimize deflection. Zipped fabric panel edges are welded and held inside inner channels in the side guide. Cushioning pads dampen the movement of fabric under wind load and panels are held in place. This exterior window shading system prevents heat from entering a building, lowering HVAC costs. In outdoor covered spaces-such as garages, porches, or commercial food service areas-it keeps harsh glare out and protects against wind and insects, creating a more pleasant outdoor experience. For added protection against fabric damage, the FlexShade® Zip XL can be paired with an Obstacle Detection Motor.
- Available in sizes up to 25' wide x 15' high (762 cm x 457 cm), depending on fabric selection.
- Uses ZIP 127 headbox: 5" H (127 mm) headbox.
- Two Headbox Styles: angled and curved.
- Hardware finish is silver (standard), textured powder coat is available in white, black, ivory, or charcoal bronze. Custom powder coat colors available.
- Side guides can be jamb or face mounted.
- Side channel width is only 1-3/4" (44 mm).
- No light gap at side channels for complete edge blackout system.
- Can serve as an operable insect screen or room divider.
- Provides excellent protection against wind.
- Weighted hem bar to stabilize shade during operation.
- Available with RTS obstacle detection motor or standard motors.
- Product designed for exterior and interior use.