Epiphan Epiphan VGADVI Broadcaster - EPIVGADVIBROAD
This item qualifies for FREE GROUND SHIPPING! Contiguous U.S. only.
Portable audio & video streaming device
Captures, combines, and streams audio, Full HD video and SD video. Quiet, portable recording for DVI, HDMI™, VGA, DisplayPort, S-Video, and composite sources.
VGADVI Broadcaster captures HD video sources such as a computer monitor, RADAR display or ultrasound monitor as well as SD video sources such as a camera feed. VGADVI Broadcaster can stream these sources as two synchronized, time-stamped streams or a multi-source layout with customized branding. Streams can be remotely accessed through web browsers, media players, mobile devices or set-top boxes. Streams can be recorded to local storage and downloaded at a later date.
VGADVI Broadcaster is easy to setup and use, and works straight out of the box. Once configured, it does not require the use of a computer or any additional equipment – simply power it on to start encoding and streaming.Key Features
- Capture from screens or cameras at Full HD resolution
- Stream while recording
- Manage and control either locally or over a network
- Capture presentation camera, slides and voice simultaneously
- Supports VGA, DVI, HDMI, S-Video, composite, & RGB component
- Use it everywhere – it’s portable with no software to install
- Stream directly to set-top boxes, smart TVs, and electronic signs via MPEG-TS
- Two video input channels (1 HD, 1 SD)
- Single stream or independent streaming and recording
- Choose to display the video from one or both video sources, display the video side-by-side or picture in picture.
- VGADVI Broadcaster automatically scales inputs to match your configured layout settings.
- Add your corporate color as a background and your company logo, the date, time, and presenter name.
- Overlay video with timestamp information and other text.
- Upload a custom image to display when the channel does not have a signal or if your input signal is interrupted for any reason.
- VGADVI Broadcaster has a DVI-I video output, a 3.5 mm stereo audio output, a RJ-45 PoE port, and a USB 2.0 port.
- Built-in signal converters and output connectors provide pass through for both DVI-I and audio input sources.
- Connect a headset to the audio output port to monitor the audio input for quality.
- Connect HDMI, DVI, or VGA projectors, and displays to the DVI-I port to monitor the DVI-I input source.
- VGADVI Broadcaster captures two video sources from HDMI, DVI, VGA, S-Video, and composite video at their native resolutions and frame rates.
- Audio input is provided through a 3.5 mm analog stereo audio input.
- The DVI-I port is built to capture signals from DVI, HDMI and VGA sources, while the S-Video port captures signals from S-Video and composite sources.
- VGADVI Broadcaster supports a wide range of live streaming formats and protocols enabling it to stream video to media players, Content Delivery Networks and multicast networks using industry standard streaming formats including FLV, ASF, MJPEG and via TCP/UDP using RTSP.
- Supports Multicast Streaming via UDP using RTP, MPEG-TS RTP, MPEG-TS and publishes to streaming servers (CDNs) via RTMP and RTSP.
- Media players, smart TVs, set-top boxes, digital signs etc. can play live streams and saved recordings from the VGADVI Broadcaster via UPnP or SAP.
- Streaming via UPnP and/or SAP is perfect for situations when the destination device is unattended. For example, when VGADVI Broadcatser streams to a digital sign that continuously plays a video, if there is an interruption, the live stream resume feature automatically resumes the stream.
- VGADVI Broadcaster supports the most widely used video codecs to ensure maximum compatibility with commercial viewing software media players such as VLC and Adobe Media Player.
- Choose codecs to help you maximize your stream quality while minimizing the demand for system resources and bandwidth.
- Use the default settings, or fine tune the operation to your application.
- Video frame rate, encoding bit rate, and key frame interval are among several parameters available to tailor the encoding to your specific requirements.
- Whether you are recording highly dynamic full motion video or slowly changing instrumentation displays Epiphan Broadcasters enable you to direct the encoder to achieve optimal video quality while satisfying bitrate and file size constraints of your specific application and environment.
- VGADVI Broadcaster supports the most widely used audio codecs to ensure maximum compatibility with commercial viewing software.
- Use the default settings, or fine tune to meet your requirements.
- VGADVI Broadcaster can record the streaming output.
- Stores the video files to an internal solid state memory, with 8 GB of storage, in AVI, MPEG-TS or MOV format (common and easy to use formats).
- Automatically deletes the oldest recorded file when disk space runs low and replaces the file with a current file to ensure the latest recordings are available.
- Manage the size of your recorded video files by configuring the VGADVI Broadcaster to start a new file based on a time or file-size limit. When the limit is reached, the current recorded file is closed and available for download while a new file is opened for continued recording – all without missing a frame.
The VGADVI Broadcaster offers a variety of options for storing your recorded files:
- Store the files on the device itself, this is useful when you don’t have access to a network or an external device. You can always download the files later.
- You can transfer the recorded files to an external USB storage device or local network storage via FTP, RSYNC, or CIFS to ensure you don’t run out of disk space on your device and facilitate 24/7 recording.
- Configure automatic file transfer when a USB device is inserted.
- Integrate easily with commercial content management systems.
- Supports 1080p HD video capture at 30 fps and resolutions up to 1920×1200.
- Capture computer displays and live camera signals.
- Convenient pick lists of standard resolutions in 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10 ratios make configuration and switching between various video input sources quick and easy. Custom resolutions are also supported.
- The VGADVI Broadcaster analyzes your source stream and automatically uses the best possible frame size, bitrate, and aspect ratio for the output stream.
- Changes to the input signal resolution and aspect ratio are automatically reflected in the output stream.
- Automatic configuration is an option that can be enabled or disabled depending on your requirements.
- Your VGADVI Broadcaster is configured and ready to record and stream live as soon as it has power and internet connection and an input signal.
- VGADVI Broadcaster encodes video and audio as it’s captured and makes it stream-ready.
- A URL is generated as soon as a source is detected.
- Viewers only need to access the URL and they can instantly view the video.
- The VGADVI Broadcaster integrates video capturing, scaling, encoding, recording, and streaming, into one simple device.
- The rugged yet lightweight design is ideal when moving from office to boardroom, laboratory or anywhere you need to capture and stream video.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) eliminates the need for AC power connection; the device is powered directly over the Ethernet cable from a PoE capable network switch. A PoE injector is included with the product if you need it.
- Roughly the size of a paperback novel, measuring 7.95"×4.13"×1.38", (202×105×35 mm), weighing 1.4 lbs., (635 g).
- With no internal fans, or other moving parts, it is silent and reliable.
- Monitor your VGADVI Broadcaster on the go with a mobile device or tablet using a custom interface designed for touch screen devices.
- Perform basic operations like checking video signals, audio levels, starting and stopping recordings, and disk space from the mobile interface.
The EpiphanConnect mobile application is available for both Android and iOS devices. This alternative to the desktop based discovery utility makes connecting to the touch screen friendly interface even easier by finding all Epiphan devices on the network.
|Video Inputs||Connectors||(1) DVI / HDMI™1 / VGA1 / Component2 (1) S-Video/composite3 (NTSC/PAL)|
|Resolutions||VESA modes: 640×480 to 1920×1200; Custom VGA/DVI modes|
|HD Video Format Options||RGB plus separate HSync and VSync signals; RGB plus CSYNC signal; RGB with Sync-on-Green synchronization; DVI single link|
|EDID Support||EDIDs can be uploaded to the device|
|Audio Input||Connector||(1) 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo analog audio|
|Input Levels||Mic and line-in|
|Video Output (Splitter / Converter)||Connector||(1) DVI-I (pass-through)|
|Signals||Analog and Digital versions are always output with automatic D/A or A/D applied|
|Audio Output||Connector||(1) 3.5mm stereo audio|
|Video Encoding||Video Codec||H.264, MPEG-4, Motion JPEG|
|Video Bit Rates||100 - 9999 kbit/sec|
|Key Frame Intervals||Programmable|
|Color Resolution||YUV 4:2:0|
|Frame Size||Configurable up to 1920×1200|
|Frame Rates4||30 fps @ 1920×1080p (or smaller) 25 fps @ 1920×1200|
|Audio Encoding||Audio Codec||Encoder||Bitrate||Sample Frequencies|
|AAC||32-192kbps||16 kHz, 22kHz, 44kHz|
|G.711||-||8kHz (a-Law) & 8kHz (µ-Law)|
|Audio Channels||1 stereo channel|
|Network Interfaces||Connector||(1) 10/100 Ethernet RJ45 (PoE - spec: IEEE 802.3af class 0)|
|Streams||HTTP||FLV, ASF, MJPEG|
|Publish to Streaming Server / CDN||RTMP, RTSP|
|Network Discovery / Announce||UPnP, SAP|
|Video/Audio Recording and File Management||Internal Storage||8 GB (solid state)|
|No recorded file size limits when configured with local or network attached storage, enabling 24/7 recording|
|Automatically removes oldest recordings from internal storage as space is required|
|File maintenance through admin interface (Web UI)|
|Local Storage||Automatic copy to local USB drives via the (2) USB 2.0 ports|
|Network Storage||FTP server and FTP client capabilities (automatic and manual)|
|Copy to USB drive (automatic and manual)|
|Playback and Recorded Formats||Download recorded videos (AVI, MPEG-TS or MOV) using the Web UI and playback through any compatible player|
|Administration||Web UI allows for full administrative capabilities and includes multiple user accounts/passwords|
|Included API for integration into existing environments (executed via HTTP or RS-232). RS-232 API integration requires a USB to RS-232 adapter (not included)|
|Time Synchronization||NTP, TIME (RFC 868), PTP v1 (IEEE-1588-2002 V1)|
|Product Dimensions||7.95" × 4.13" × 1.38" (202 mm × 105 mm × 35 mm)|
|Product Weight||1.4 lb (635 g)|
|Country of Origin||Made in North America (Canada)|
|Special Features||Two video input channels (1 HD, 1 SD)|
|Single stream or independent streaming and recording|
|Silent reliable operation with no fans or moving parts|
1 Using DVI-I port, with supplied adapter or cable
2 Requires component to VGA adapter (not included)
3 Using S-video port with supplied adapter
4 Frame rate may differ under certain conditions