Developed specifically for exterior installation, s_enn® features thin, lightweight stainless steel retractable panels that roll-up like a standard fabric roller shade. When the sun is at an angle of 20 degrees or higher, the placement of the rods offers a nice view-through, while blocking direct light. It has been tested in a wind tunnel at speeds of up to 80 mph (126 kph) with no damage making the s_enn® perfect for the exterior of high-rise buildings.Key Features
- Type 70 system with side guide rods: minimum width of 25" (64 cm), maximum width of 8' 10" (269 cm), maximum drop of 13' 1" (399 cm), and maximum area of 107 sq ft (10 sq m).
- Type 71 system with extruded side guides: minimum width of 25" (64 cm), maximum width of 8' 10" (269 cm), maximum drop of 19' 8" (600 cm), and maximum area of 150 sq ft (14 sq m).
- Standard systems can achieve a drop up to 9' 2" (280 cm). Custom systems can have a drop of up to 19' 8" (600 cm). The maximum width is 8'10" (269 cm).
- Two side guide options: stainless steel or extruded aluminum.
- Standard systems available in round or rectangular extruded aluminum headbox style. Custom systems supplied with formed aluminum headbox.
- Can be installed on vertical or inclined glazing, and can operate on slopes up to approximately 10° from vertical.
- Withstands high wind speeds. Has been tested up to 78 mph (126 kph) and is warranted for wind speeds up to a maximum of 56 mph (90 kph.)
- Blocks direct light for sun angles higher than 20° off horizon.
- For coastal installations with potential exposure to higher salinity, ask about Draper's s_enro® system that features aluminum instead of stainless steel construction.
- System can be used on the interior or exterior of a building.